The 4 Tower Operation Structure
Prevention Educational Strategies
- Holistic Councelling and HIV testing
- TB screening
- Cholesterol testing
- Blood sugar testing
- Safe sex material distribution
Care & Support
- Mechanisms fostering a community and interpersonal environment that is conducive to supporting persons affected by HIV/AIDS.
Traditional consulting and quality related services
Activities geared at providing directly an external source of support and care to those affected by HIV/AIDS, and TB, their families and/or communities.
- Bone throwing, Traditional acupuncture
- Spiritual cleansing, Herbal consultation etc.
Skills Development (Health-Related)
- What is HIV and HIV/AIDS management?
- Sexuality, Gender and Identity
- Sex Education and Responsibility
- Human Trafficking
- Basic Life Skills
- Gender-based violence
- Nutrition (in relation to HIV and African traditional medicine)
- Substance abuse
- ARV adherence
- African traditional medicine
- Health and Safety
- Business and Project Management
- Occupational Health and Safety, incl. First Aid
- Computer skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Call Centre skills
- Anger and conflict management
- Customer service management
- Human Rights and cCode of Good Practise
- Liaison with employees and Government for capable employees
- Career information and guidance
Setup of USL
uSizo Lwanamuhla has created a two-level structure of branch offices being the THP's "home" surgeries and the head office branch which is situated in Yeoville, Johannesburg, Gauteng. The branch offices act as the frontline for participant/patients common consultations. The traditional health practitioners are currently running the branch offices themselves under the supervision of the Board of Directors. The head office is currently the supplier to the local branches of equipment, training, skills and support as needed by the local "home" surgeries. A nearby plan is for uSizo Lwanamuhla to open a branch in Lesotho - Botha Botha would be to train the THPs about the HIV/AIDS virus.
The Health, Safety and Wellnes Programmes
Health and Welfare Program Area will consist of four categories :
- Employee : Workforce
- Employee : Immediate Community
- Employee : Repatriated
- Employee : Labour Ascending Areas
Collective duty is to protect the vulnerable, help people and communities realize and strengthen their capacity for self-sufficiency, and ensure good outcomes through prevention and early intervention (HCT).
By helping people and communities in improving their health and well-being is the journey to fulfil as an organization which understands the transformation which must take place in the district in which people live, work and retire.
Isikhwama sabangoma Programme at a glance
- Project Name : Phela o Phelise
The mobile clinics will focus on the well-being of community and reach the unreachable community.
- Project Name : Thuto ke Lesedi
Awareness and Educational Programmes (Workforce, Immediate Community, Repatriated and Labour Ascending Areas
- Project Name : ziVikele uVikele nabanye
Sexually transmitted diseases awareness, education, prevention mechanism and referrals.
- Project Name : uKhamba Lwempilo
Global infectious diseases such as HIV/AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis need a HCT campaign which is tracked, measurable and sustainable in order to decrease the pandemic.
- Project Name : Insimu yoKhokho
Food garden - Family health, nutrition and food (Poverty Alleviation Programme)
Herbal garden - African traditional medicine to be easily accessible to the
- Project Name : Sediba sa Bophelo
Clean drinking water, Hygiene, Environment and Sanitation